Most of us are skeptical to try new things, especially in this age of scams and ‘stuff’ that wastes your time. But, if you didn’t sign up with Twitter back in 2006 – don’t you wish you had?
Sometimes you might just get a strong feeling in your gut that you should try something out, but lack the courage to do so. Maybe you should rethink your hesitancy to try new things – because waiting might make you miss out on some very good opportunities!
I feel that way about a couple of applications – Instagram and Snapchat – and I want to share with you why I think that they’re worth your time and effort to check them out and use them wisely to help grow your business.
If you think you can’t teach an old dog new tricks, think again because I’ve had Instagram for a while and enjoy it, and just got Snapchat and am having a blast with this little app!
What You Should Know about Instagram
Unless you’ve had your head in the sand, you’ve probably heard about Instagram and have maybe checked it out. But, do you know how it’s growing by leaps and bounds and what you can use it for?
Basically, Instagram is a popular application that works much like Facebook – it lets you use photos that you take on your iPhone or Android and manipulate them by editing and captioning after you upload them.
See another valuable post: How to Snap and Share Instantly On Instagram
Last April, Instagram launched an application for Android and was immediately snatched up by Facebook. Now, Instagram boasts over eighty million users and more sign up every day.
Instagram is a great way to share, create and find those who have similar interests as you. You can build your client list quickly by using the visual format that Instagram provides for social and business interaction.
Instagram does have a desktop application available for download.
Connect with me on Instagram.
You can import friends from your other social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter and immediately see what they’re posting from your Instagram newsfeed. Plus, Instagram is so easy to use – and, it’s free – that it’s a no-brainer for you to check it out and see how it could work for you.
Snapchat – Another “Must Try” App
Another app on my list of having the courage to try is “Snapchat,” and I’m really enjoying this little app. Not only is Snapchat fun, but it can also be useful in your social media business pursuits. This photo-messaging app was released for Androids in November, 2012 and hasn’t looked back – adding new features and much-requested privacy settings.
Developed by Stanford University students (at the time), Jonathan May and Evan Spiegal, Snapchat is used to snap photos and take videos to which you can add drawings or text and then send them to a list of recipients. These “snaps” can be set with a time limit on how long they can be viewed and after the time expires, the snaps are hidden from the recipient and deleted from the servers.
Some great features of Snapchat include:
- Tell your story with the photos you take. You can add captions, videos and much more to tell your story.
- Set time limits on your snaps. You determine how long your photos/videos can be viewed. After your recipients view, they disappear.
- View the status of your snapchat. You can easily see if your recipient(s) have viewed your snapchat by swiping at the left of your message. If the recipient’s name shows as “white” name, they’ve seen it.
- Filter features (Smart Filters) can be accessed. Smart Filters lets Snapchat gain access to your current GPS location and adds temperature, time and current speed to your photo if desired.
- Replay and front-facing flash are available. These settings are great for “selfies” and to make a decision about sending the snap.
- Privacy settings available. Even though you can rest easy that your videos and/or images will be destroyed after the time you set for viewing, you can also select who can view your snaps with the “Settings” feature and block others.
- Live chat with or without video. You can use Snapchat to view and join a conversation from a text message that someone sent or chat with a person when you’re in the “live video chat” mode.
Snapchat has many features that other social networking apps don’t have – and it’s worth a try.
What About You?
Are you curious about Instagram but haven’t created a free account yet? How about Snapchat, do you use this new app, and if not, why?
Is it because of overwhelm, busyness, fear, or just lack of knowledge?
I certainly don’t want to lose out on any opportunities that give an advantage for building new relationships, helping others, providing value, and also getting traffic to my site. It’s not just for the younger crowd!
I’m carolamato3 on Instagram and on Snapchat, I’m carol-amato. If you like, put your Snapchat and Instagram info in the comment section below, and I will connect with you…
Click to Tweet:
- Take advantage of getting in early with Instagram and Snapchat. [Tweet]
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to try Instagram and Snapchat. [Tweet]
- Rethink hesitating to try Instagram & Snapchat or you’ll lose out. [Tweet]
and Understands Your Needs? CLICK HOST WITH CAROL NOW