UPDATE: SQUIDOO no longer exists, which is a shame. But a great potential traffic source for you Triberr: http://www.carolamato.com/how-to-use-triberr-to-build-traffic-to-your-site
For those of you unfamiliar with Squidoo – it’s time you learned how this amazing tool can revamp your business plan and drive traffic to your website or blog – and, it’s free!
Basically, Squidoo is a Web 2.0 website that is sort of like a spoke in a wheel, the spoke points back to the hub of the wheel which is your main money site. For me, my main money site is my blog, CarolAmato.com.
Consider Squidoo as a community center (website) where users create web pages (lenses). These lenses are informative and up-to-date and each one contains links to another website such as Amazon or Ebay. That’s where you make your money. If the reader of the lens clicks on and purchases the linked item, you get a commission.
You end up reaching so many more people than you would otherwise – and keep in mind that Google and other search engines love Squidoo. Search engines recognize Squidoo lenses as experts on any given subject and like to send traffic to them, so you end up with a free source of traffic that’s likely going to be better than one you paid dearly for.
Here’s how Squidoo can help drive sales to your site and increase your revenue:
- Modules. Squidoo is an affiliate to money-making sites such as eBay and Amazon. Since Squidoo is the affiliate, you will share the commission on a 50-50 basis. When you write an article (lens) about a product or service, you’ll insert links to the pages where they’re featured. Then, you get a commission when the viewer clicks through and purchases the product.
- Your Personal Affiliates. You don’t have to link only to Amazon, eBay or other marketing sites. You can link to your own affiliates too by simply registering it as an affiliate. You don’t have to share the commission with Squidoo when you choose this route.
- Support Your Own Products and Services. If you have products or personal designs on Etsy or other sites, you can link to them from your Squidoo lenses. It’s a great way to advertise and sell your own stuff without having to pay for the privilege.
Squidoo has top rated tutorials and can guide you both visually and by step-by-step instructions on how to set up your profile and create a lens. If you don’t understand something, there is always a “help” button you can click on for more information.
It may take a little time to get the hang of it, but once you do, you’ll love creating lenses and promoting your products on this traffic-driving site. You must learn how to do keyword research –but if you don’t know how, using Squidoo is a great way to learn. It’s something you should know as an Internet marketer if you ever expect your business to prosper.
Keyword research will greatly increase your SEO. By using the phrases and words connected to your product or service, you’ll be setting up your Squidoo lenses to send people to your site who are interested in what you have to offer.
When writing your lenses (usually a 200-word ‘article’) there are some rules and tips you need to consider to get the most out of them:
- Make it interesting. Boring copy just doesn’t get read. Personalize it to make it interesting. Even if you’re talking about a frying pan, you can mention or reveal a couple of recipes that you’ve personally tried with the product.
- Be real. Being real establishes the trust you need with the reader and can entice him to click on the link and purchase the product. Chat with the reader just as if you were talking to him face-to-face.
- Keep it short and simple. Studies have proven that very few people are going to continue reading an Internet article or post if it’s long-winded and loses its impact. Tell them what they want to know in an engaging way and then let them go.
- Use ‘Numbers’ in Your Titles. Phrases such as, “Top 10” and “Best 7” indicate to the reader that they can find out a great deal about the product by a single glance. Using a long URL doesn’t tell your readers anything about the product.
- Do Your Research. Before you endorse or recommend a product, visit Amazon or the affiliate you’re planning to link to and find out what the reviews say. If no one likes the product, choose another. Amazon uses “star” ratings and is easy to research.
Squidoo’s Many Features
There are so many great features that Squidoo uses to help you drive traffic to your site – too many to list them all here. But, you’ll get the idea when you first join Squidoo and browse through their site.
Here are some of the more important features:
- Promotes Through Social Media. Squidoo easily lets you use all types of social media to promote your products. Tweet, share on Facebook or through your email lists and you’ll attract many more people to your site. Don’t be spammy when sharing. Be honest and real to develop a following.
- Cross-Linking. You can use Squidoo to link to other lenses or anything you might have online such as blog posts on a particular subject or product. Don’t use backlinks arbitrarily though. Use them only when related to another topic.
- SEO. Most will agree that Search Engine Optimization is essential to becoming a successful Internet marketer. Squidoo lets you take full advantage of SEO by using keywords and encouraging you to use focused terminology in your lens content.
My best advice for getting started in Squidoo is to simply begin. The more you practice, the better you’ll understand Squidoo and how it can help your business to grow and create revenue.
The main point of creating a Squidoo lens is to drive readers to your website or other links, so the content of your lenses should relate especially to those subjects.
After you create a lens, you’re officially considered a lensmaster and can use a variety of Squidoo tools to give prospective clients links, feedback and more.
It’s true – Squidoo is a silly name – but it’s a powerful tool to add to your cache of resources. Visit their site today and learn how Squidoo can help you.
and Understands Your Needs? CLICK HOST WITH CAROL NOW