If one picture is worth a thousand words – think of how much traction you’ll get out of a video! Videos are used in Internet marketing to better personalize your relationship with the customer and can also set you up as an authority in your niche(s). Using video marketing strategies to rev up your business plan is a smart and savvy way to increase your success.
Video Marketing Strategies
One of my main business goals in 2013 is to increase my marketing video efforts and training webinars. This is a proven method to gaining followers and building a reputation of helping others as well as building a rapport with other marketers.
Both seasoned and new Internet marketers sometimes have problems with making videos. It’s not the technical aspect as much as it is putting yourself out there. Behind a computer screen people can visualize you as looking like a model and exuding self-confidence. But, in front of the video, you’ve had a bad hair day and know that everyone will see you as a nerd – insecure and bumbling.
How to Use Video Marketing Strategies
You need to know that making videos, for blogs and for video marketing and webinar training, does get better and easier. If you’re shy and just can’t seem to get started, follow a few of these tips below to make videos a part of your online presence:
- Prepare – If you’re not prepared with some valuable and stimulating content, your viewer will quickly lose interest. When you’re prepared, shyness is minimize and you’ll be more confident about your presentation. Be sure you offer good content and begin talking about something you know about.
- Brand Yourself/Business – Videos are a great way to brand yourself. You can do that in a video by displaying your company’s logo on the screen – either at specific times during the video or as a permanent display.
- Publish Regularly – After readers and viewers get a taste of what you and your business is all about from your video, they’ll want more. So, for the best exposure, create and publish videos on a regular basis.
- Use Videos for Social Sites – Videos don’t have to be restricted to a blog to your web site. Social media sites such as Facebook are perfect opportunities to rev up your communicating skills.
- Answer Questions – You may have noticed questions on your blog or in forums that need answering, and a video is a great way to do it. Make a list of questions that you know are on the forefront of people’s minds and then answer them in brief but educational answers.
- Don’t Try to be Perfect – You’re not trying out for the Academy Awards on your videos. Be yourself and be natural, not stiff or formal. Your viewers will get to know you as a real person who they can relate to.
There are so many ways to enhance your videos and make them popular. But for the time being, just dive in and try it out. It’s intimidating at first, but you’ll soon get the hang of it and introduce more “bells and whistles” that are now available to you.
One thing is for sure – your competition is out there using video space to enhance their own personal and business reputations. Don’t wait until you have a “perfect” hair day or you lose 20 pounds. Do it now!
If you’d rather not start out recording yourself, you can record your computer screen by using free software. You could share a brief tutorial of how to do something. Some free software options are Screenr and Screencast-O-Matic just to name a couple.
I’ve invested in Camtasia for all of my recording needs, and have been super pleased with this software. You can get Camtasia for Mac or Camtasia for PC – both are excellent. This has got to be my favorite piece of software on my computer!
If you want to check out all the videos I’ve done, most of them are here on My YouTube Channel, meetcarolamato. And, be sure to let me know your video-making experiences and offer any helps and tips that you can to those starting out.
and Understands Your Needs? CLICK HOST WITH CAROL NOW