If you haven’t already used social bookmarking to create effective backlinks for your blog site, you’re missing out on a great way to target traffic to your site. I recently featured a blog post about Ilka Flood and how she features me on her newsy site, Internet Marketing Daily, and it’s a perfect example of how social bookmarking works.
Basically, any time I tweet something containing a link, it appears on her website as “news.” That’s really cool and an amazing help to me in getting the word out about whom I am and what my site is all about.
How To Get Your Social Media Links
In this video, I show you where to look to get your social media links to give to others so they can connect with you.
Click to Play, then Full Screen button in lower right corner…
What is Social Bookmarking and How Can I Use It?
Social bookmarking means that you can combine your best links online rather than saving them to your computer and taking up space. Search engines see these bookmarks as backlinks and can benefit your sites in the following ways:
- Increases your branding abilities and lets others know who you are.
- Drives traffic to your site because webmasters use the backlinks to bookmark their own posts.
- Search engine ranking improves.
- Lets other bloggers know who you are and gives you a chance to interact with them.
- Constant connections, rather than depending on others for your backlinks.
- Saves time and energy.
- Puts you ahead of competitors.
As the Internet becomes more intense it becomes a headache to remember links, names and helpful sites. Social bookmarking is replacing browser bookmarking as a way to post, catalogue and tag labels onto your bookmarks and share with your friends and colleagues.
There are a number of social networking sites. You can choose one or several from a long list of sites. It’s easy to get started on your social bookmarking strategies.
- Choose the website(s) you want to use for your social bookmarking needs (a current list of bookmarking sites is available on Wikipedia).
- For each site you choose, you’ll need to fill out a complete profile about yourself and your company, plus a link back to your website.
- Download available tools and buttons and then add them to your blog or website.
- Tag or use keywords to your bookmarks.
- Network with others online who share your interests in a certain topic.
Now it’s time to browse other bookmarked sites and expand your social contacts. Search by tags or keywords where others have used the same ones you used for your site. You’ll be amazed to see how much you have in common with others.
Social Bookmarking Sites You Should Try
Your choice of social bookmarking sites is simply a matter of preference according to your interests and how you’ll utilize them. I especially like and love to use the following:
- Tumblr – This site is so easy and lets you share everything –music, quotes, videos from your phone, email, browser or desktop, plus photos, text and links. Tumblr’s site also lets you customize anything so you can really brand yourself and your product.
- StumbleUpon – This popular social bookmarking site lets you share your blog with your network. Again, it’s easy and really fun to use. You can easily make sure that your new images, sites or blogs get known on the web.
Click to see how I’ve been using StumbleUpon.
- Scoop.it – Easy-to-use interface that helps you to gather the content you want to feature and divide it into various topics. Keywords can be used for the topics and you can have fun following and communicating with others.
Those are my personal favorites, but here are some others that are extremely popular and that you’ll want to check out:
- Digg – This site gets its name from helping you “dig” up the news and other information from the Internet. Digg is a safe place where you can advance your own posts and watch what others with the same interests are up to.
- Reddit – Many marketers are using Reddit and give it high marks. You can get a high volume of traffic to your sites when you share links in a popular ‘sub-reddit’.
- Delicious – Store, share and find other web bookmarks with this social bookmarking site. Delicious lets you build ‘stacks’ after you’ve bookmarked five links and if a stack is published, others can share and follow it. There are twelve categories available that bloggers use most.
I like social bookmarking because no matter where I am, I have my bookmarks stored on a computer, phone or other device. The use is instantaneous, and I can easily look at other bookmarks being saved and filter the content based on my wants and needs.
If you’ve never used social bookmarking before, I really urge you to look at what’s available and see if you think one would work for you as part of your business strategy. Be sure and let me know what you find and how you view social bookmarking.
- How to use social bookmarking the right way. [Click To Tweet]
- What gives you an effective back link? [Click To Tweet]
- Develop connections in 2014. [Click To Tweet]
and Understands Your Needs? CLICK HOST WITH CAROL NOW