Our customers are shunning the outdated methods of marketing and opting for better methods of gaining information that will be more relevant, efficient and effective.
Content marketing is a method that involves the creation and distribution of valuable and relevant content that’s consistent and aids the marketer by attracting visitors that will make the site profitable.
Because of changes that Google and other search engines are making to their search capabilities, content marketing is becoming much more valuable than SEO marketing that involves content packed with keywords. The content may not be relevant to the topic the visitor wants information about, and you end up having dissatisfied customers that look elsewhere.
You’ve seen the tacky cluttered sites (with three or four columns) that try to cram as many links and flashing banners as they can, in hopes of making a sale – what a spammy turn off!
Now, consumers are shunning the banners and flashy advertisements for well written content and information rather than just trying to draw them in via a flashy way and then let them down with less than relevant content.
They’re also skipping television advertisements by using a DVR to fast forward past them and skip through magazine and other ads to get to the meat of the article.
The purpose of content marketing is to attract and keep customers by publishing valuable information. This objective is achieved by creating useful content that’s pertinent to the customer’s well being. You can’t simply add useful content to your site once in a while and expect it to work, but you must be consistent in your content marketing approach.
Communicating with Your Customers Through Content Marketing
When you communicate with your clients with content marketing, you’re not attempting to sell them a product or service. Rather, you’re providing them with information that makes them smarter consumers. When the customers are fully informed, they’ll see for themselves that what you’re offering is worth their time and attention – and money.
Content marketing will not only increase your sales, but encourage loyalty in your customers. You can achieve loyalty just as successfully as the big conglomerates with your small, online business.
Consumers are tired of “being sold” and are more interested in making the correct decision about a product or service. The old ways no longer work, and you now have a more informed consumer who will hold his or her money until they’re convinced (with relevant information) that it’s the best choice for them.
Customers think and behave differently when they’re presented with useful information with which they can decide (or not) whether to purchase. They’re getting away from being ‘duped’ into purchasing something and are using their own intelligence to make that final decision.
A willingness to become vulnerable and transparent is essential in helping your readers/subscribers get to know you, which results in them liking and trusting you. Don’t be afraid to share personal tidbits and show the real you in your marketing.
How to Be Successful with Content Marketing
Content marketing is definitely the future in successful online businesses. But, rather than base all of your marketing efforts in content marketing, you should develop a strategy that includes other types of marketing techniques as well. Content marketing should be part of the overall business plan strategy that will make you a successful online marketer.
Here are some ideas about using quality content in various techniques of online marketing:
- SEO – When you publish informative and consistent content, the search engines will find you. You should no longer be as concerned with keywords and placing them strategically in your content.
Now, it’s much more important to attract SEOs by using unique titles and descriptions and original images in your content, and remember – you’re writing relevant content for humans, not for search engines!
- Social Media – Always use content marketing strategies within your social media endeavors. That means using strategies that will attract customers as well as be informative to them.
- Videos – Use content in all of your videos that has the potential of being shared by many simply because it’s so useful to others. Plan your content carefully next time you host a webinar or use any type of video in your business.
- Email – Rather than sending frivolous autoresponders just to get your name or product in the customers’ inbox, offer useful tidbits of information that will help solve your reader’s problem make the reader want more.
- Position Yourself as a Leader – Content marketing is a great way to position yourself as an expert in your field. Carefullyusing links and highly relevant and up-to-date content that you share with others will make them see you as a leader.
- Update Your Website Regularly – Fresh content is imperative for your website and customer base to grow. If you’re not a good writer or just don’t have time to consistently refresh your content, think about using PLR or hiring a writer to do the research and write the content for you.
Click Here to see: What is Evergreen Content – How Do I Write It?
- Cross-Promotion – Sites such as ‘Slideshare’ can help you cross-promote your content with other communities that share the same interest. It works with webinar and other video content too.
You can’t be successful with a content marketing strategy by publishing a short article once in awhile. It doesn’t always have to be long and extremely specific, but your content should always be unique, relevant and interesting to the reader.
Do you need help in your business? Join our mastermind HERE
- Is content marketing the future? [Click To Tweet]
- Take a look at content marketing and how you should use it. [Click To Tweet]
- Develop an eye for valuable content. [Click To Tweet]
and Understands Your Needs? CLICK HOST WITH CAROL NOW